Hi,

I installed DHCP Server on RedHat 6.2. Everything is going well except for
the leased time. I configure the DHCP Server to leased IP add for one day
and is working as expected but I noticed that something odd about the start
of the leased time. Here is the situation:

I ask for an IP Address on 3/8/2001 at 10:17 PM and checked  the leased IP
using winipcfg in Win98 workstation. Here is the leased time

Lease Obtained : 3/7/2001 10:17 PM
Lease Expire   : 3/8/2001 10:17 PM

My question is why will it indicate that the lease will expire on the time I
just obtain the IP Address and it obtain the IP Add the day before when I
just got it. Is there something wrong with my configuration? I followed the
DHCP HowTo and check the date and time of the DHCP server and Win 98
Workstation and they have the same date and time, Is this normal?

TIA,

Wesley Jay