[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Help
>
>  I am a some what a new user to Linix, Q.)When I complie my user code,
> it's
> telling me:
>
>   Checking for work aclocal=missing
>                     autoconf=missing
>                     automake=missing
>                     autoheader=missing
>                     make info = missing
>
> configure: error no acceptable cc found in $PATH
>
>  I am login as root, but the program is under a user home directory .
> This
> not a production box, I am just learning about Linux and how to
> install
> programs.  Did I forget to load a package ( Redhat 7.0 )
>
>  Brian

Yes.  The developer packages at install would have installed these
tools.  There are a fair number of them but you can start by looking in
your installation media and installing the packages.  They will be fount
under /RedHat/RPMS

I would start by installing make.

BTW here is what is on my machine This list is produced by the commands
before the

rpm-qg Development/Tools

binutils-2.9.5.0.22-6
rpm-build-3.0.5-9.6x
make-3.78.1-4
pmake-2.1.34-3
patch-2.5-10
rcs-5.7-11

rpm -qg Development/Languages
expect-5.28-35
guile-1.3-10
python-1.5.2-13
tcl-8.0.5-35
tclx-8.0.5-35
tix-4.1.0.6-35
tk-8.0.5-35
tkinter-1.5.2-13
IBMJava118-SDK-1.1.8-3.0
plugger-3.2-1
umb-scheme-3.2-12
cpp-1.1.2-30
egcs-1.1.2-30
egcs-c++-1.1.2-30
dev86-0.15.0-2
php-4.0.4pl1-2.arvin
perl-5.00503-12

rpm -qg Development/Libraries
audiofile-devel-0.1.9-3
control-center-devel-1.0.51-3
esound-devel-0.2.17-2
freetype-devel-1.3.1-5
gnome-libs-devel-1.0.55-12
libxml-devel-1.8.6-2
zlib-devel-1.1.3-6
popt-1.5-9.6x
libpcap-0.4-19
glibc-devel-2.1.3-15
ncurses-devel-5.0-11
ImageMagick-devel-4.2.9-3

you can install the packages via gnome rpm (I have not used it in a long
while) or by cding into the RedHat/RPM dir.  and doing

rpm -ivh make* binutils* ...  you get the idea.

Probably and easier way but this should get you going.

BTW these are on a 6.2 installation.  Probably prety close for a 7.x
install.  The real issue to remember is that the rpm file name must be
passed to rpm and your version numbers may not be the same as mine.  in
gnorpm you may be able to go into the Development groups and highlight
the packages and install them very easily.

HTH

Bret