From: K Old [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2001 7:29 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [With More Info] RE: Reinstall LILO manually?

Ok, I have done some investigating.

The original response I got from doing a /sbin/lilo -v is

LILO version 21.4-4, Copyright (C) 1992-1998 Werner Almesberger
'lba32' extensions Copyright (C) 1999,2000 John Coffman

Reading boot sector from /dev/hda
Merging with /boot/boot.b
Fatal: 'linear' and 'lba32' (-l and -L) are mutually exclusive.

My lilo.conf file looked like this:

boot=/dev/hda
map=/boot/map
install=/boot/boot.b
prompt
timeout=50
message=/boot/message
linear
default=linux

image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.2.16-22
        label=linux
        read-only
        root=/dev/hda5

other=/dev/hda1
        label=dos

I modified it (based on the email below) to look like this:

boot=/dev/hda
map=/boot/map
install=/boot/boot.b
prompt
lba32
timeout=50
message=/boot/message
linear
default=Linux

image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.2.16-22
        label=Linux
        initrd=/boot/initrd-2.2.16-22.img
        read-only
        root=/dev/hda5

image=/dev/hda1
        label=Win98

After I do a /sbin/lilo -v it returns the same error message from above.

Any ideas what I should do?

Thanks,
Kevin
[EMAIL PROTECTED]