On Tue, 20 Mar 2001 05:37:06 Thierry ITTY wrote:
>i want to send mail from an rh linux box, without installing nor
>configuring an MTA like sendmail, qmail or postfix.
>so i need a tool which i can tell "send this file to this address using
>this smtp server"
>the configuration could occur either through a configuration file or by
>command line options.
>of course i need no gui, just command line
>
>any idea about such a tool ?

You can write Perl script using the Net::SMTP module.

I would probably configure sendmail or postfix to use a specified smarthost
and not run as a daemon. You don't have to worry about sendmail if it's not
running as a daemon. I'd run the queue at intervals using a cron job. Then I
could use mutt or mail to send the message.

--
Anthony E. Greene <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> <http://www.pobox.com/~agreene/>
PGP Key: 0x6C94239D/7B3D BD7D 7D91 1B44 BA26  C484 A42A 60DD 6C94 239D