Solved this probelm. I rebuilt the rpm-4.0.2 SRPM and got the rpm-python
package. My only question would be as to why this is not on the redhat FTP
site. Someone goof and forget to upload it?

Anyway you were right James, updating the rpm-python package fixed it.

Thanks,
Kirk

--
     Kirk Whiting <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
     *** Gothic Unix Freak, Windoze hater ***