        From:   Michael R. Jinks [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
        Sent:   Wednesday, March 21, 2001 12:30 PM
        To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Subject:        Re: IPSec and Network Configuration

        Craig Morse wrote:

        > I am not insulted, but yes all the other machines are configured
and working
        > via TCP/IP.  I am dual booting the machines with Windows and I am
able to
        > access the network in Windows.

        Okay, good to know.

        >  After I put the entry in the host file I was
        > able to ping the address, "10.10.10.20."

        That's really odd, the hosts file shouldn't matter for that, maybe I
        misinterpreted your first posting about the GUI networking utility.

        What does the output of "ifconfig eth0" look like?

        How about "netstat -nr"?

        --
        ~~~Michael Jinks, IB // Technical Entity // Saecos Corporation~~~
                    With all due respect to Kenny Rogers,