Mason and Rob,

The JDK/JRE's availabe from Sun, IBM and Blackdown are compiled for
glibc 2.1 (RLH 6.x) so they won't work on RHL 7. This was the same issue
with Oracle 8.0.5 (compiled for glibc 2.0 as RHL 5 so didn't work with
RHL 6 and glibc 2.1).

RHL 7 uses glibc 2.2 but it should have "compat" packages avaibale on
the CD, and if you install these apps compiled for RHL 6 should work. At
least this was the case with RHL 6 and 5.

Glibc should the the problem, not the kernel.

[]s, Fernando Lozano