I had sendmail and I had the problem of openfile I fix that by
increasing the number but then the server was crashing, could not log in
anymore too many processes running etc, I personally did not think that
was sendmail but because of HW...the server provider sucked a
bit....then I installed postfix since people were saying that postfix is
the way to go faster, etc.......( I personally love postfix) but still
having problem since the HW was not tune....Now that the HW is running
ok postfix puts tons of mail in the mailq I read about that and they
said that to fix that you need a faster drive, I have a scsi IBM, which
I know has problems with linux and it's not the greatest drive.... So I
would appriciate any comments and help on how to have this server
going.....(the main function of this server is to allow people to
subscribe to many search engines (just for a small fee) therefore they
will be a tons of mail coming....I mean tons.... I have never seen so
much mail coming to a server....

THANKS AGAIN,

REMO