> You can't answer "none" to the question "what is the *most* stable
> release"...

> I'm asking this as a person I know uses Linuxconf. He knows nothing about
> Linux. He doesn't want to use anything else. He is running the linuxconf
> that
> comes with RH6.2. I know there must be a bit more stable and fucntioning
> beast
> out there...

> A simple question to which I want a simple answer :)

Quite frankly, why don't you ask on a mailing list where people are
actually using linuxconf and tracking its evolution
(http://www.solucorp.qc.ca/linuxconf/mailinglist.html)

On redhat-list you will find people who do not like linuxconf, and for
sure do not track its evolution. Given that redhat never puts out update
version of linuxconf between releases, bugs and miss-features are never
fixed (as seen from people on this list).

Go on linuxconf mailing list and ask there. Linuxconf is widely used on
rh6.2 box, so you will get suitable answers. Further, check the change log
so you can tell if the problem you have experienced are fixed.