I wrote:
> What I want to do is like a "guerrilla VPN"

OK, so a little head scratching and a trip back to the FM reveals
that I can in fact get what I want all with a single ssh session
from inside my firewall (at work) to my firewall box at home.  Both
ends of ssh can forward TCP, so I just set up a forward for port
6005 (or whatever) on the originating end, as well as one for telnet,
and then I can telnet in and connect to localhost:5.

X is still very slow; I'm not sure what's eating up the time.  Maybe
my slow firewall box can't do the blowfish encryption fast enough.

Mike McNally -----> Yes, I already have a dumpling press