I don't know this problem, but I had basically no luck printing over
a network with lpr/lpd under 6.2.  (Now, in this case, 6.2 was the
client as well as the server.)

I grabbed the LPRng SRPM and recompiled for 6.2 and it's worked like a
charm ever since.

                Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
[EMAIL PROTECTED]