You can also say that no user can login via ftp by default except a
specified list of users.

/etc/ftpaccess:
  deny-uid   %1-65535
  allow-uid  user1 user2
  ..

OR

/etc/ftphosts:
  allow user1 *
  allow user2 *
  deny  * *

OR:

/etc/ftphosts:
  allow user1 <hostname>
  allow user2 <hostname>
  deny  * *

If a TCP wrapper is used (/etc/hosts.deny, /etc/hosts.allow), then
"allow user1 *" and "allow user2 *" are sufficient.

Werner