On Tue, 27 Mar 2001, Emmanuel Seyman blurted out:

ES>On Mon, Mar 26, 2001 at 11:45:22PM -0800, Steve Lee a ecrit:
ES>> how do i disable this?
ES>> i get this email from cron everytime.
ES>
ES>Log rotation is configured in /etc/lorotate.conf or
ES>/etc/logrotate.d/ .
ES>In your case, I'ld bet on /etc/logrotate.d/mysql or mysqld.
ES>
ES>You can move the file to somewhere else on your HD (or delete
ES>it if you're feeling lucky.
ES>
ES>Don't know why /var/log/mysql.log is missing, though.

It's not there because the logging path in mysql is pointing somewhere
else probably... look in /etc/rc.d/init.d/mysqld to see where the init
script is putting the log file. When it's not in /var/log/ it's usually
in /var/lib/mysql. If it is in /var/lib/mysql you have to shut mysql
down to move it. This sort of thing usually only happens when mysql was
installed with RPMS that were not built in "the Red Hat way" (tm) or
from tar ball.

--
Chuck Mead, csm -AT- moongroup.com, Owner, MoonGroup.com
(Note: html formatted email sent to me is filtered & deleted unread)