On Tue, 27 Mar 2001, Chad W. Skinner blurted out:

CWS>1) Is it possible to setup postfix so that messages sent to the users
CWS>full.name@domain are automatically forwarded to user@domain. I am using a
CWS>canonical file mapping the  full.name to the user now, but was wondering if
CWS>there is a way around this.
CWS>
CWS>My configuration is rewriting all address that are sent to
CWS>chad.skinner@mydomain as  chadws@mydomain. Does anyone know if I can have
CWS>postfix forward the message, but leave the to address as
CWS>chad.skinner@mydomain?

No reason to change it as far as I know... simply use an aliases file.

CWS>2) While playing around I transposed two letters in my domainname so I have
CWS>two messages sitting in the mail que. How can I remove these messages?

postfix stop
ls /var/spool/postfix/deferred/
rm -f [the queue files revealed by the previous command]
postfix start

CWS>3) Finally, does anyone have a postfix main.cf file they could send me that
CWS>shows how a functional server is configured? I am wanting to see how all of
CWS>the examples actually fit together.

# main.cf
# last modified: 5 March 2001
# the setup file for postfix...
# this one is custom built for MoonGroup Consulting, Inc.
#
# setup all of the paths
#
maximal_queue_lifetime = 1
queue_directory = /var/spool/postfix
program_directory = /usr/libexec/postfix
command_directory = /usr/sbin
daemon_directory = /usr/libexec/postfix
mail_spool_directory = /var/spool/mail
mailbox_command = /usr/bin/procmail

# who we run as
#
mail_owner = postfix

# privileges have to be set
#
default_privs = nobody

# who are we?
#
myhostname = myhost.somewhere.com
mydomain = somewhere.com
myorigin = $mydomain

# what should the postmaster be warned about?
#
notify_classes = resource, software, policy, protocol

# what domains will we accept mail for?
#
mydestination = $myhostname, localhost, $mydomain, /etc/postfix/localdomains

# who is allowed to send mail through us?
#
mynetworks = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/32, 127.0.0.0/8

# which interfaces can we use?
#
inet_interfaces = all

# we don't do uucp here!
#
default_transport = smtp

# let's set up our map files!
#
virtual_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/virtuals
alias_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/aliases, hash:/etc/postfix/lists
alias_database = hash:/etc/postfix/aliases, hash:/etc/postfix/lists
sender_canonical_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/sender_canonical
recipient_canonical_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/recipient_canonical

# anti-UCE stuff
#
disable_vrfy_command = yes
unknown_hostname_reject_code = 550
unknown_client_reject_code = 550
unknown_address_reject_code = 550
non_fqdn_reject_code = 504
relay_domains_reject_code = 554

maps_rbl_domains = blackholes.mail-abuse.org dialups.mail-abuse.org
relays.mail-abuse.org outputs.orbs.org

body_checks = regexp:/etc/postfix/body_checks

smtpd_sender_restrictions =
                           permit_mynetworks
                           check_sender_access hash:/etc/postfix/access
                           reject_maps_rbl
                           permit_mx_backup
                           reject_non_fqdn_sender
                           reject_unknown_sender_domain

smtpd_client_restrictions =
                           permit_mynetworks
                           check_client_access hash:/etc/postfix/access
                           reject_unauth_pipelining
                           reject_maps_rbl
                           permit_mx_backup
                           reject_non_fqdn_hostname
                           reject_non_fqdn_sender

smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
                           permit_mynetworks
                           check_recipient_access hash:/etc/postfix/access
                           permit_mx_backup
                           permit_auth_destination
                           reject_unauth_destination
                           reject_unknown_recipient_domain
                           check_relay_domains

smtpd_helo_required = yes

smtpd_helo_restrictions = reject_unknown_sender_domain
                          reject_unauth_pipelining
                          permit

#strict_rfc821_envelopes = yes

#setup the banner
#
mail_version = MGC postfix v2.1K
smtpd_banner = $myhostname ESMTP $mail_name ($mail_version)

# who we will relay for
#
relay_domains = $mynetworks, $mydestination, $myhostname, /etc/postfix/relay-domains

# mandatory setup for debugging
#
local_destination_concurrency_limit = 2
debug_peer_level = 2

#debugger_command = /usr/bin/strace -p $process_id -o /tmp/smtpd.$process_id & sleep 5

--
Chuck Mead, csm -AT- moongroup.com, Owner, MoonGroup.com
(Note: html formatted email sent to me is filtered & deleted unread)