Wolfgang Pfeiffer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I'd like to extract a spec file from a existing SRC.RPM I have here ...
> didn't manage it until now ... that's what I did:

> $ rpm -q --specfile wget-1.5.3-6.src.rpm
> line 1: Unknown tag: í«îÛb
> query of specfile wget-1.5.3-6.src.rpm failed, can't parse

If you to the man pages, you will see that "rpm -q --specfile" is
not used to extract a spec.file but to query a spec file as if it
was a rpm

rpm -q --specfile foo.spec

One way to extract the spec file is to install the source rpm and
grab it /usr/src/redhat/SPECS and then delete the SOURCE package
and pacthes located in  /usr/src/redhat/SOURCE and
/usr/src/redhat/SRPMS.  This the long way. This is how I do it.
Of course an option to extract the specfile would be great.

Cheers,

Dominic.

--
Dominic Mitchell