Title: computer going to "sleep"

I have a RH 6.2 box (coincidentally or not, the same one that was having problems keeping time) that, for lack of a better term, goes to "sleep" some time during the night.

This box functions as our primary DNS server during the day, so it's kept busy with queries.  But at night, the queries are practically nil, so it doesn't have a lot of activity.  I have another box that does some nightly processing and during those jobs, it does an "rsh" to the sleeping box.  I frequently get complaints in my morning mail from the nightly jobs that the sleeping box refused the connection.

In the morning, we are also unable to telnet into the sleeping box.  But if I go to the console and login -- that's it, just login -- all is well again.

Has anyone heard of such a thing?  Any thoughts on what's going on here would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rhonda Kern