Is the telnet session cut off at this time? exit status 1 is the
general-use error code for exiting proggies.

inetd isn't exiting tho, it's just whatever was pid 10209. Ya need to find
that out :)

Perhaps you need to check your /etc/inetd.conf for errors, and check to
see if there are any updates for telnet (errata, etc).. review logs and
other related config files.. something could have been hacked or corrupted
too. Lots of possibilities.

On Wed, 4 Apr 2001, Justin Zygmont wrote:

> I noticed that whenever I telnet to my server, I get this in my log file,
> I am running RH 6.2 with updates.  Any idea what could be wrong?
>

> hostname inetd[489]: pid 10209: exit status 1

-Statux