You can mark all the blocks you want but if the disk is crashing,
nothing's going to stop it.

you might as well get a new disk, install it in place of the old one, do a
fresh install of RH, have the old disk sitting somewhere else in the
system and mount it read only and go from there. Bottom line is: you need
a new drive :)

--
-Statux