On Mon, 9 Apr 2001, Steve Gulick wrote:

> Ok, maybe I am missing something here but I tried the following:
>
> rpm -Fvh wu-ftpd-2.6.1-6.i386.rpm
>
> and get the following error:
>
> rpm failed only packages with a major numbers <= 3 are supported by this
> version of RPM query of wu-ftpd-2.6.1-6.i386.rpm failed
>
> How do I fix this?
>
> TIA
> Steve

This is a FAQ!  You need to upgrade your version of RPM.  There are two
newer versions of RPM in the updates for RH 6.x.  You can upgrade to rpm
3.0.5 with no problems.  If you deside to upgrade to rpm 4.0.2, read the
instructions in the errata section on Red Hat's web site BEFORE
upgrading!!!  While you are upgrading things, take a look at some of the
other updates for RH 6.x that you will find at updates.redhat.com, or
the mirror sites.  You will need some of them.

Mikkel