On Wed, 11 Apr 2001, Mike Chambers wrote:

The two telnet ports are need so that the average user that logs in, gets
the packet radio node. Not the kernel. But if someone wants to telnet into
your linux system (kernel) then there is port 24. So the default becomes
23 rather then 24 and life is great..

> >-------- ORIGINAL MESSAGE BELOW --------
>
> >Hi Mike..
> >
> >Sounds great. And it even sounds easy. Not tell me, is it possible to have
> >telnet available on ports 23 and 24?  That would mean two of those files. I
> >guess you could call them xinetd-1 and -2 ??  Would that be the way to do it?
>
> That's a good question and I'm not sure how to do that.  You can try
> the xinetd and xinetd2 way and see if that works.  Maybe someone can
> shed some light on how to do it.  Why do you need 2 different ports
> open anyway?
>
> Mike Chambers
> Mt. Prospect, IL
> Netlyncs
>
> -->> FREE Perl CGI scripts add WEB ACCESS to your
> -->> POP E-Mail accounts! Download today!! http://www.adjeweb.com

Ted Gervais
Coldbrook, Nova Scotia Canada.