On 11-Apr-01 J Hayward opined:
> ABrady wrote:
>>
>> On 11-Apr-01 Ashley M. Kirchner opined:
>> >
>> >     I just realized that I can't run ipchains with kernel 2.4.3 (it
>> > says
>> > it's incompatible).  Did I just forget to turn on an option in the
>> > kernel config, or is ipchains no longer supported in the 2.4.x
>> > series?
>> > (I probably should read up on this, shouldn't I?)
>>
>> Must be a missed option. I don't use 2.4.3 because it's been compiling
>> badly for me. But, 2.4.0, 2.4.1 and 2.4.2 have been using it fine
>> here.
>
> I haven't had any problems with 2.4.3. It compiled fine with
> gcc-2.96-79
> (I've since upgraded to gcc-2.96-80) and runs great. 2.4.0, 2.4.1
> worked
> fine also, however my motherboard didn't like the changes to the ACPI
> code in 2.4.2.

Well, for some reason some of my modules keep getting undefined symbols
and some of the bootup processes fail to start and appear to be unrelated
to the undefined symbols. I've tried using the .config files from the
working models, creating .configs from scratch and using the old with
modifications. I haven't given up, just still working on what's going
wrong with it.

---
Chaos, panic and disorder -- my work here is done.