-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of lemoninsz
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2001 10:13 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re:syslogd problem

    in /var/log,maillog file is nearly 270M, i set up my
server by default about 7 month ago,can this automatically
rotate the logfiles.when i run ps command,i do not see
logrotate procedure.but in /var/log,i see
maillog maillog.1 maillog.2....,
messages messages.1 messages.2.....,
secure secure.1 secure.2....
only maillog is big

i  head  /var/log/secure
Mar  4 17:09:29
i tail -1 /var/log/secure
Apr 11 21:36:03
i head  /var/log/secure.1
Feb 25 10:12:51
i tail /var/log/secure.1
Mar  3 10:58:15
is this look like that system can rotate logfiles?

> I had that same problem awhile back after I had disabled
> logrotate. Are your logs being rotated? Check your files
in
> /var/log, is there any that look extremely large?
>

> Eddie Strohmier

/var/log/messages
> authpriv.*    /var/log/secure
> mail.*        /var/log/maillog