Thanks everyone for the responses on network security.

OK, I think people have convinced me to install ssh2 for the
internal network too and eliminate telnet altogether.

Next question: in terms of internal security, what do people
do?  I know this may sound really silly, but let me give you
a scenario.

Take a company outside of the US where NDA agreements and
contract law realistically doesn't apply.  Add 100 people
working there with about 10-15 technically competent workers
with access to the critical data.  Base the company value on
the data being stored.  How do you secure/protect yourself
from internal threats. (ie. data theft, logic bombs, etc)

Things to keep in mind: the competent techies are all db
programmers and its impossible to audit all the code that's
getting written.

I'm throwing this as a real question bc I have :

a) to face this in my organization
b) have found little valuable information on the public net
which addresses these issues

Any help/ideas/resources would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
-Thomas