Hello,

Following the example showed at
<http://httpd.apache.org/docs/misc/rewriteguide.html> with that title, I set
up my server to show static pages and generate them if they doesn't exist.

The rewriting rules are
--
RewriteEngine on

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME}   !-s
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ cgi-bin/page-generator.cgi?uri=$1
[T=application/x-httpd-cgi,L]
--

This works great but I am having problems when the URL is like this:

    http://host.domain/

This should lead to the file 'index.html' (defined using DirectoryIndex),
but Apache is testing if the file '/my/local/file/' exists as a file, and
doesn't check for '/my/local/file/index.html'... so is allways going to the
cgi!

I was thinking of using another RewriteCond using -d (is directory) to do
something different there but I couldn't solve it...

Any idea?

Thanks,
Tomas Garcia Ferrari

Bigital