Hello everyone,

This is kind of a weird question, but I need to know if and how this can be
done.  I have a client that currently uses the webserver (on apache that is
the .htaccess files) to autheticate the users.  Well, the users are not
wanting to have the popup box that prompts them for their username and
password, they'd rather have an HTML form inside a page.  I've never heard
of doing it this way, but I'm sure there is - I just don't know it.

Any ideas how I can do webserver authentication via a web form?

Thanks,
Kevin