Thanks all for the suggestions. I did what Mr. Mikkel suggested below, and
it works like a charm without requireing me to swap master/slave drive.
It's a great relieve. However, all the replies really added my working
knowledge with linux, as I don't think I know enough of them :).

Thanks again.
Reuben D. Budiardja

At 03:55 PM 4/15/01 -0500, you wrote:
>The problem is that Windows will only boot from a primary partition on
>the first hard drive.  Windows does not play well with other OSs - it
>expectes to be the only OS on the drive.  You can try the modifications
>I made to your lilo.conf.  I have not tried them with Windows 95/98, but
>they used to work with Windows 3.1, and DOS.
>

> > ------------------------------------ LILO.CONF ------------------
> > boot=/dev/hda
> > map=/boot/map
> > install=/boot/boot.b
> > prompt
> > timeout=100
> > default=linux
> >
> > image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.2.12-20
> >       label=linux
> >       initrd=/boot/initrd-2.2.12-20.img
> >       read-only
> >       root=/dev/hda3
> >
> > other=/dev/hdb1
> >       label=dos
>         map-drive = 0x80
>             to = 0x81
>         map-drive = 0x81
>             to = 0x80
> >

>Let me know if it works for you.  If not, then you will have to do as
>someone else sujested, and swap the drives.
>
>Mikkel
>--
>
>     Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons,
>  for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Reuben D. Budiardja
Web Database Application Programmer / Analyst
Devcorps, ITS
Goshen College, IN 46526