When you upgraded your kernel, did you use an rom, or install the source
rpm and build it yourself?

If you intalled the rpm, you need to install the kernel-headers rpm for
your version (2.2.17-14 it looks like) and you should find the files in
/usr/src/linux-2.2.17-14

If you built the kernel, they shoudl be under /usr/src/linux-2.2.17-14

hth
charles