The file in in cron.daily

in slocate.cron

here is what's in the file...

#!/bin/sh
/usr/bin/updatedb -f "nfs,smbfs,ncpfs,proc,devpts" -e
"/tmp,/var/tmp,/usr/tmp,/afs,/net"

I don't use nfs, or samba, should those be in there if I'm not using those?

Jake

On Sat, 21 Apr 2001, Matthew Melvin wrote:

--On Sat, 21 Apr 2001 at 9:36am (-0400), Jake McHenry wrote:
--
-->
--> what is it?
-->
--> I got an error last night that locked up my machine, said that it could
--> not run /usr/bin/updatedb and gave me a bunch of error info. Does anyone
--> know if I can turn this service off so that I don't get this again?
-->
--
--Perhaps you could tell us more the 'bunch of errors'?  If it locked up your
--machine I'd be inclined to think that not being able to run updatedb was

Jake McHenry