> Call me a bigot, but given the choice between Plextor and anything, I have a
> tendancy to choose Plextor.
>
> I'm sure they both work pretty well, but my roommate has had a Plextor 4x
> for about 3 years now, and I have yet to see it make a bad burn.
>
> Chris

I'm also in the market and based on the comments I've read and costs,
I'm thinking about getting the Plextor PX-W1210TA/SW. The HOWTO I
found says all relatively new CD-RW's should work with Linux and lists
a number of them, but of course doesn't list this one (probably
because it's newer than the HOWTO).  Can anyone please confirm for me
(private e-mail is fine) that this works with Red Hat 6.2?

Thanks,
Dave