To start with, I have nothing to do with development of the Mwave modem
driver for Linux.

But the driver that you downloaded was developed for the last IBM
ThinkPad's produced that had the Mwave modem integrated chip (ThinkPad
600 and 770 series) using the MDSP3780.

The driver is not meant for machines other then these couple of
ThinkPad's, and does not work with other Mwave DSP chips then the 3780.

The Mwave soundcard/modem you have is what I presume an old ISA card as
was shipped a couple of years ago in some models Aptiva, or a
soundcard/modem produced by some other company around this chip.

These cards will not work with the linux mwave driver, and I have no
idea how much work it would be to adapt the driver to support these old
Mwave chips.

But considering that the maximum modem speed for your card is probably
only 28.8K (perhaps 33.6) it might be a better idea to look for a new
cheap modem (as long as its not a winmodem).

Regarding your Dos/Windows drivers, these will not work under Linux.