I'm running 7.0, and have been having seme problems getting ftpd work work
right. I'm using wu-ftpd 2.6.1(1). What's happening is when I, or anyone else
tried to ftp into my machine, it takes about 2 minutes before the
username/password prompt comes up. This is not just happening for the outside
world, it is also happening on my internal network. If I sit on the machine and
ftp localhost, it seem to work ok. Once the people are logged in, it's fast,
like normal. It's just the initial login process that is taking a lot of time.
Has anyone seen this before? I'm thinking it might just be a missing argument in
xinetd for ftp or something, hopefully. Right now in /etc/xinetd.d/wu-ftpd the
arguments are -l -a, which I believe are the defaults.

Thanks in advance,

Jake