On Thursday 26 April 2001 05:18, you babbled something about:
> On Thu, 26 Apr 2001, Brian Ashe wrote:
> >I've got the Redhat 7.1 Seawolf installed and running KDE 2.1.1 on it. Now
> >everything points to the anti-aliased fonts being on. But no dice. Is
> > there some sort of trick I'm missing?
> >
> >Of note, I do have it set up for using TTFs as well. That all went
> > smoothly and really improved things alot. But I'd really like to see this
> > thing go into anti-aliasing for full effect.
>
> Go in the kde control panel and turn on Anti Aliased fonts.  This
> will unfortunately leave you with a script font that is hard to
> read albeit nice looking - but more suited to a wedding
> invitation than a desktop font.  ;o)   Go to the font screen and
> change the fonts to something more appropriate.
>
> The problem is that the regular bitmap font's are not AA'able, so
> it uses scalable fonts but can't find replacements for the
> default font so it substitutes the first font found which is the
> script font.  ;o(

No Joy. :(  I've been clicking and switching and all sorts of things. Most of
the obvious stuff should have been tried. Also, like I said I am running all
True type fonts for everything. I was just wondering if there was some sort
of XFree module that's not getting loaded or what to look for if this doesn't
work.

This is just one of a few things I need to tackle. I wanted to get this one
out of the way first since I figured it was an easier one ;)

--
Brian Ashe                                                   CTO
Dee-Web Software Services, LLC.                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]