Thank you for your advice. I did make mrproper
already. Even , I have two sources, one I made by
patching from 2.4.0 and up to 2.4.4; the problem
occures. I thought (may be stupid) that the patching
problem; then I download the totally new source 2.4.4
from the Kernel Mirror in New Zealand, and compile,
the same thing happened. I try to use egcs 2.91.66 ;
it wont help.

Actually when I compile 2.4.4-pre4 it is fine; except
the telephony driver, something wrong but I dont use
it and just disable it. But I can not live without
parport:-)

May be I got the trojjan site ? Or at least the source
I got is not pure !?

--- Bret Hughes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > Steve
Kieu wrote:

> > Hi,
> >
> > I have never found anyone having this problem yet
> but
> > I had!. When I compile the kernel modules, I got
> this
> > error message
> >
> > parport_pc.c in function parport_pc_find_ports
> 2618
> > too many arguments to function
> parport_pc_init_superio
> > Error 1
> >
> > As I dont subscribe to the kernel mailing list,
> but
> > there seems to be no one having such problem!
> >
> > Pls help
>
> Steve I don't know this particular problem but when
> I start getting weird things
> like this happening I save my config file to some
> where, do a
>
> make mrproper
>
> and copy the config file back and  try again.  I
> belive the mrproper cleans up
> any old object files that may not match and need to
> be recompiled.
>
> If you have already done this thaen I will step back
> and let the gurus take
> over.
>
> Bret

=====