Does your Tecra have space for both your floppy and CD-ROM drive to be in
the laptop at the same time?  If your floppy drive is in the machine, but
your CD-ROM is not, then you need to have the CD-ROM drive in the machine
and to attach the floppy via the parallel port attachment.

Alternatively, you should be able to use the CMOS setup program to tell
your Tecra to boot from the CD, allowing you to bypass having the floppy
drive in use, at all.