yeah, i use a bunch of djb's stuff.  with daemontools, check out the
"package/install" file that you're supposed to run to install it.  it just
executes other commands.  well, if you just run the package/compile
script and not the other 2, it'll dump the binaries in a "command"
directory.  you can copy them wherever you want from there.

the djbdns package you can put wherever you want by modifying the
"conf-home" file before compiling it, although that will probably change
in the future sometime whenever there's another release.

note that i'm not recommending you do anything.  i support the /package
and /command ideas.  but you're welcome to do as you wish.

-tcl.