[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/IPCHAINS-HOWTO.html
>and search for 'ipmasqadm' and 'ipportfw'

I neglected to mention that I'm working with iptables.

I don't need general assistance with port forwarding and redirection;
I'm looking for a specific solution to a specific thorny problem.
:-)  I know how to accomplish this if the proxy lives on the gateway.
We redirect traffic on 80 to a different local port; done.  However,
using iptables to redirect to an external host, which then returns its
traffic to the gateway, isn't working as I'd expect.

Thanks for trying.  -d

- --
David Talkington
http://www.spotnet.org