jtj> I have 5 identical copies of kernel-2.4.9-13 on my Redhat 7.2.  This was a
jtj> result of a bug (Bugzilla number 55633) in up2date for Redhat 7.2.  If one
jtj> had (I had) earlier versions of the same package (in this case, the kernel)
jtj> installed, then each time up2date ran it installed yet another version of
jtj> the latest.

jtj> I got rid of all the earlier versions of the kernel, so now it no longer
jtj> adds duplicates.  Is there any way to remove all but one copy of this same
jtj> version?  I see in the rpm man pages that one can remove rpm installs by
jtj> install number - but I don't see how to find out the install numbers for my
jtj> five copies.

Make sure you have a good kernel to boot from or a boot floppy then

rpm -e --allmatches kernel

Of course at this point you will have to re-install only one copy of
the kernel yo want.

--
Ray Curtis         Unix Programmer/Consultant   Curtis Consulting
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]                             http://www.ccux.com