Based on my experiences with SMP from Red Hat 5.1 to 6.2, which I'm
currently running, I can say that the answer to question 4 is a big fat
no.  I can't remember now, but I think there's an SMP check box during
the installation.  Or dual processors may be detected automatically
during installation.  When recompiling the kernel for SMP, just select
SMP support.  Make sure, however, that the lot numbers on both
processors are the same.  If this dual processor machine was a
manufacturer's configuration, you should be fine.  Good luck,