I have 2 cdrom drives in my system and only one, my DVD drive, is directly
connected (by cable) to the sound card. Now, when I want to play music CDs,
I have to play them from the DVD drive in order to hear any sound. The other
drive will load the CD and play it, insofar as the CD player software is
concerned, but no sound. I would like to use the non-DVD drive to play music
CDs since the DVD drive is older and it doesn't see some newer CDs for some
reason.

Now, the question: Does the CDROM that I play music CDs on need to be
directly connected to the sound card? If not, can you give me some trouble
shooting hints on how to figure out what I am doing wrong.

Oh, and the sound module is loaded and seems to work for system generated
sounds.

Ian.

Ian Truelsen
Masters program in Philosophy
University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
BA (Wilfrid Laurier University)
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Current favourite quote:
"No great civilisation likes forests."
K.F. O'Connor
Lincoln College, Christchurch, New Zealand