-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Anthony E. Greene
Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2001 1:58 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: system down

On Fri, 16 Nov 2001, Jim Sheffer wrote:
> The linux server crashed and will not reboot.  Ststem starts up, then
kickes
> me .out to a shell (?) says there is a problem and asks for my password,

What "problem"? The exact wording will probably get you a quick answer and
a solution. You could also trying using the error message as a search
string in Google.

FYI, this kind of thing happens when there are lots of errors on the frive
or a partition is full.

Tony
--
Anthony E. Greene <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> <http://www.pobox.com/~agreene/>