-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Rodolfo J. Paiz
Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2001 2:03 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: pop3 settings

At 11/21/2001 09:59 AM -0500, you wrote:
>I think this is a procmail setting. From what I know, you need to
>recompile procmail to set the default location of incoming messages.

This is an urban legend by now. You do *not* need to recompile procmail.

Note in the OP:

>i am redirecting mail into the user's
>home directory by setting DEFAULT=$HOME/.mail
>in the .procmailrc files
>
>everything is working fine except for pop3.
>it is still picking mail from
>/var/spool/mail

He just told you procmail is fine. His problem is that POP3 is not looking
in the right place.

(And I'd answer his question if I knew the answer...)

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz