On Wed, Nov 21, 2001 at 06:21:55AM +0000, Rodolfo J. Paiz wrote:
: I don't think so. I think the MAC address is only useful on the local net
: since it is replaced by the gateway. Hence, that MAC is your gateway (?).
: So blocking that would block *all* traffic. You can block 65.1.121.18 if
: you want, though.

Exactly right.  That MAC would be that of his default gateway.  Had he
taken the course of action he suggested?  Bang!  Look, ma, no foot! :-)

--
Jason Costomiris <><           |  Technologist, geek, human.
                    My account, My opinions.