On Mon, 26 Nov 2001 20:44:46 -0500
"Reuben D Budiardja" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> implied:

rpm -e --allmatches gal-0.18.1-1

I dumped 7.2 after it did that to me, along with numerous other
problems. If you use 7.2 and this is the only problem you have, good for
you. I also saw this regularly in the betas for 7.2. But they
were....betas...and there was every assurance that some things would be
broken. This appears to be one that never got fixed.

> Thanks, that solves some problem. I did that, but now some packages
mix up,
> for example:
>
> bash$  rpm -q gal
> gal-0.18.1-1
> gal-0.18.1-1
>
> Notice that the package was listed twice. And when I tried to
uninstall, it
> says:
>
> bash$ rpm -e gal-0.18.1-1
> error: "gal-0.18.1-1" specifies multiple packages
>
> Any help?
> Thanks in advance.
> Reuben D. Budiardja
>
> On Monday 26 November 2001 03:39 pm, Werner Puschitz wrote:
> > On Mon, 26 Nov 2001, Reuben D Budiardja wrote:
> > > I was doing some installing, un-installing and upgrading some rpm
> > > packages. One of the package I tried to unistall was abiword
(using rpm
> > > -e). But then it just stop and hung there and not doing anything,
so I
> > > cancelled it using CTRL-C. And then I unistall some different
packages,
> > > and this message comes out:
> > > error: db3 error(-30998) from db->close: DB_INCOMPLETE: Cache
flush was
> > > unable to complete
> > >
> > > Now I am unable to do anything with rpm (install, or un-install,
or
> > > upgrade). It will just sits there doing nothing at all (except
query rpm
> > > -q works).
> >
> > Try "rpm --rebuilddb".
> > Werner

Capital punishment means never having to say "YOU AGAIN?"