You have to rebuild the sendmail.cf with the sendmail.mc from /etc/mail
if you don't know how to do it just ask but basically you need sendmail-cf and
m4 installed and type
m4 /etc/mail/sendmail.mc < /etc/mail/sendmail.cf
then copy the sendmail.cf to /etc when you have verified it is good.

Not sure of the exact syntax of that line, It's late and I can't be bothered to
check :)
anyone?

there is a line that starts DAEMON_OPTIONS, well you either want to edit
that line or just comment it out all together before rebuilding sendmail.cf