Um ... the Red Hat 7.2 distro works okay for me. I just su root and ran
xcdroast. Under setup was a users tab which I used to allow regular
users to use xcdroast. I then did exactly what it said to do in the
/usr/share/doc/xcdroast-0.98a9/README.nonroot file and everything worked
fine.

Well almost everything. I had a strange behavior where when I would burn
audio CDs xcdroast would begint to write the CD-R just fine. However
sometime in the middle of writing the CD-R XMMS came up I assume as a
result of the gnome autorun feature and tried to play the CD. I made a
couple of coasters because I did not kill the XMMS in time which it
seemed to cause the CD writer buffer to overrun.

Does anyone know how to turn off the autorun feature in gnome. I saw
that there was a way to do that from kde so I assume I can do it from
gnome too?!

--
Paul ([EMAIL PROTECTED])