On my one mandrake laptop, I can disconnect from my network (to leave my
office) by gracefully disconnecting from the network with "ifdown eth0"
and then later, after reconnecting the cat5 cable, "ifup eth0".  These
commands don't seem to exist in my RH 7.2 laptop.  Is there a way of
shutting down the network card, temporarily, and then restarting it,
(before unplugging the cable)?  I tried "ifconfig eth0 down", but no luck
there either.
TIA,
Mike

--
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it
but at the very least you need a beer."