On Thu, 29 Nov 2001 20:00:30 +0100 (CET)
alexis Vasquez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I changed the disk where is linux to another "exactly
> equal" mainboard.  I booted on windows with no
> differences or problems but when I booted on linux it
> booted fine until the login. I can see the text login
> but then it switches to graphical and inhibits the
> entire machine. How can I stop booting to change to
> text login so I can run xconfigurator.  maybe the
> monitor. don't know.
===================================
Running LILO??  If so, at the prompt, type:  linux 3
That should boot you into console mode w/o X
In GRUB, I believe you have to hit "e" to edit the boot line.  I don't use
grub, but I believe after hitting e you'll be able to enter linux 3;
hopefully a GRUB user will correct me if I'm wrong.
HTH,
Mike

--
"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
--  Albert Einstein