Here is a REALLY brief explanation to get you started.

Use one of the network cards in the firewall machine
to grab an outside Internet connection and set the IP address
of the other card to an internal IP address that is on the same
subnet as the other internal machines.

http://www.linuxheadquarters.com/howto/networking/ipchains.shtml

After you get it working, you should add more ipchains rules to secure
your firewall and turn off as many services as possible on your
firewall machine.

Tammy