After upgrading to RH 7.2, if a user has a password over 8 characters, it
says invalid login.  If they use just the first 8 characters, it works....
but how to fix it so it will accept it regardless?

Also, I can't ftp anymore. The service is running, the user is not listed
in /etc/ftpusers, has a valid shell... I can't figure this one...

Here's the /etc/ftpaccess:
># This file controls the behavior of the wu-ftpd
># ftp server.
>#
># If you're looking for a graphical frontend to
># editing it, try kwuftpd from the kdeadmin
># package.
>
># Don't allow system accounts to log in over ftp
>deny-uid %-99 %65534-
>deny-gid %-99 %65534-
>allow-uid ftp
>allow-gid ftp
>
># The ftpchroot group doesn't exist by default, this
># entry is just supplied as an example.
># To chroot a user, modify the line below or create
># the ftpchroot group and add the user to it.
>#
># You will need to setup the required applications
># and libraries in the root directory (set using
># guest-root).
>#
># Look at the anonftp package for the files you'll need.
>guestgroup ftpchroot
>
># User classes...
>#class   all   real,guest,anonymous  *
>class   all   real  *
>
># Set this to your email address
>email root@localhost
>
># Allow 5 mistyped passwords
>loginfails 5
>
># Notify the users of README files at login and when
># changing to a different directory
>readme  README*    login
>readme  README*    cwd=*
>
># Messages displayed to the user
>message /welcome.msg            login
>message .message                cwd=*
>
># Allow on-the-fly compression and tarring
>compress        yes             all
>tar             yes             all
>
># Prevent anonymous users (and partially guest users)
># from executing dangerous commands
>chmod           no              guest,anonymous
>delete          no              anonymous
>overwrite       no              anonymous
>rename          no              anonymous
>
># Turn on logging to /var/log/xferlog
>log transfers anonymous,guest,real inbound,outbound
>
># pre-login message
>#greeting  terse|full
>greeting text This system is for authorized users only.  Unauthorized
>activities as per Computer Use Policy
>(http://cms.syr.edu/policy/computepolicy.html) are strictly prohibited on
>this system and all access is logged in detail
>
># If /etc/shutmsg exists, don't allow logins
># see ftpshut man page
>shutdown /etc/shutmsg
>
># Ask users to use their email address as anonymous
># password
>passwd-check rfc822 warn

Dan Kirkpatrick                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Computer Systems Manager
Department of Physics
Syracuse University, Syracuse, NY
http://www.physics.syr.edu/help/    Fax:(315) 443-9103