On Sun, 2 Dec 2001, Sheng Yue wrote:

> Hi, all: I want to read Dos or Windows98 files in Red Hat Linux 7.1.
> but I didn't "mount" the necessary block devices.  Now, I even can't
> see the files in the Dos partitions of my hard disk. Could anyone tell
> me how to "mount" my dos partitions to RH Linux? Thank you!

figure out what the partition name is for your dos/windows partition
(say, /dev/hda2), then

  # mount -t msdos /dev/hda2 <mountpoint>

you should create a separate mount point for each partition you
want mounted simultaneously.

if you want to make these permanent mounts, add new lines to the
/etc/fstab file to represent each dos partition you want mounted.

rday